Hip braces sanded and given first fill coat. Final sanding tomorrow and one more light coat of epoxy.

One fill coat of epoxy didn’t get these smooth enough for me to call them done so they will get sanded again and one more light coat of epoxy. Also, I didn’t get a tiny patch of glass cloth behind both braces sanded quite enough. I could show you what I missed, but it’s small, so I’ll just fix it tomorrow and move on.

:^)

Port side above, starboard below.
The whitish patches you see on the cockpit coaming above, were voids in the plywood lamination. Unfortunately, I didn’t fill them with epoxy thickened with wood flour before I started saturating the coaming pieces with straight epoxy, way back in November when I first started building the kayak. I thought that the resin would be clear in the voids. It didn’t turn out that way, so I will have to live with it. One of those things, I guess.
:^\